Without wasting any time after the People's Choice Awards, the Golden Globes arrived in all it's glory! This year saw the 71st Golden Globe Awards which was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on the 12th of January 2014. As I'm sure you all know by now I love to give my opinion and make a Best Dressed list. This year's event was no disappointment and as you will see below I liked A LOT of dresses!


Amber Heard in Versace
Amy Adams in Valentino
Ariel Winter in Mikael D
Emilia Clarke in Proenza Schouler
Emma Watson in Dior
Guillana Rancic
Hayden Panettiere in Tom Ford
Helen Mirren in Jenny Packham and Mila Kunis in Gucci
Jessica Chastain in Givenchy
Kaley Cuoco in Rani Zakhem
Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad
Kate Mara in J.Mendel
Lily Rabe
Louise Roe in Monique Lhuillier
Margot Robbie in Gucci
Maria Menounos
Monica Potter in Romona Keveza
Nancy O'Dell in Marchesa
Olivia Wilde in Gucci Premiere
Sarah Hyland in Georges Hobeika
Sofia Vergara in Zac Posen
Sosie Bacon in Rhea Costa
Tatiana Maslany in Jenny Packham
Taylor Swift in Carolina Herrera

Where to begin... Well it seems that in my eyes Kaley Cuoco can do no wrong, her dress seems to be dividing opinion but I loved it, I thought it was a little edgier than her usual style choices. Amber Heard also looked stunning, channelling Angelina Jolie with her sexy leggy pose and Olivia Wilde was simply glowing! Sosie Bacon looked effortlessly beautiful in her simple dress with the gorgeous detailing around the plunging neckline. Emma Watson also turned heads with a more daring look of a dress/pants combo. At first I wasn't convinced but every time I see a picture of her from the event, I love it more! What can I say about Margot Robbie, (who played one of my all time favourite characters on Neighbours) she made a stunning red carpet début. Some of my other favourite's include Kate Beckinsale, Amy Adams and Louise Roe. 

Really, in my eyes however, there was a clear best dressed - Lupita Nyong'o. That orange shade looks freaking divine on her skin tone and the style of the dress is subtle yet sexy and then, it's like BOOM look at this edgey cape... Ah, so so lush! 

Lupita Nyong'o in Ralph Lauren

The men of the Golden Globe Awards also didn't disappoint, I will be posting my best dressed males very soon so keep an eye out for some candy ;)

Who did you think was the best dressed? Which is your favourite trend from the Red Carpet? 


*I sourced all my images from E! Online :)

Post a Comment